Sunday, March 13, 2011

Find me.

Sometimes when we are doing life God seems quiet, distant and anything but present. We might feel like he is hiding from us. Chances are it is more like us hiding from God behind a heap of indifference (plain ignoring Him) and sin. Sin has a way of piling up and creating a wall between us and God.
As a teenager (it really was not that long ago!!) I recall hanging onto some promises of God when I had times of not sensing His presence in my life.

Proverbs 8:17 
 17 “I love all who love me. Those who search will surely find me.


Jeremiah 29:13

13 If you look for me wholeheartedly, you will find me.

The passages suggest that the ball is in our court, there are some things that we need to do. 
love
search
look
My experience has been that God is faithful to His promise. Spend some time with God and allow Him to take hold of your sin, love Him because he has provided a way for you to be free from sin. Search for Him, start in His word the Bible and allow Him to speak love and wisdom into your life. Look for God in your everyday - he is there.

1 comment:

  1. Recently I found myself hiding. Sometimes it's hard to let God take hold of my sin and do his thing in my life. Sometimes I just don't want to let go or be 'found'. But clinging to the HOPE we are offered through our being found, I can find the courage to grit my teeth and yell out "I'm hiding in here, Lord. Come and find me".
    "For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you a HOPE and a FUTURE."
    Jer 19:11

    ReplyDelete